Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
Here are 5 best natural remedies that are used for erectile dysfunction.
1) L-Arginine: L-arginine is an amino acid that the body uses to make nitric oxide, a substance signals smooth muscle surrounding blood vessels to calm down, which dilates the blood vessels and boost blood flow. Relaxation of smooth muscle in the penis permits for enhanced blood flow, leading to an erection.
L-arginine is established naturally in foods like meat, dairy, poultry and fish. It is as well obtainable as oral L-arginine supplements, which some product manufacturers market as a “natural Viagra”).
There have only been two studies to date, however, evaluating the helpfulness of L-arginine for erectile dysfunction.
One study involved 50 men who took L-arginine (5 grams a day) or a placebo. Later than six weeks, considerably more men taking L-arginine experienced an improvement in sexual function compared with men taking the placebo. Interestingly, it only benefited men who had at first low levels of nitric oxide.
One more study using a smaller dose of L-arginine and shorter treatment duration found no benefit with L-arginine use. The study involved 32 men with erectile dysfunction who took oral L-arginine supplements (500 milligrams three times per day) or a placebo for 17 days. Oral L-arginine was no better than the placebo.
Side effects may include digestive complaints. High dosees of L-arginine may stimulate the body’s production of gastrin, a hormone that increases stomach acid. For this reason, L-arginine may be harmful for individuals with ulcers and people taking drugs that are hard on the stomach.
L-arginine may also alter potassium levels in the body, particularly in people with liver disease. It should not be taken by people who are on medications that modify potassium levels, such as potassium sparing diuretics and ACE inhibitors. For more information, read my information sheet on L-arginine: What is L-Arginine?
2) Propionyl-L-Carnitine: One learning examined the use of 2 forms of carnitine, propionyl-L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine in 96 men who with erectile dysfunction after prostate surgery. One group was given a placebo, another set took propionyl-L-carnitine (2 grams per day) plus acetyl-L-carnitine (2 grams per day) and sildenafil (Viagra) when wanted, and the third group used Viagra alone.
Propionyl-L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine were established to enhance the success of sildenafil, and outcome in better erectile function, sexual intercourse satisfaction, orgasm, and general sexual well-being compared to Viagra alone.
One more study examined the helpfulness of propionyl-L-carnitine supplements plus sildenafil in men with erectile dysfunction and diabetes who were before unresponsive to Viagra alone.
Participants in the reading received propionyl-L-carnitine (2 grams per day) plus Viagra (50 milligrams two times a week) or Viagra alone. After 24 weeks, propionyl-L-carnitine plus Viagra was significantly more successful than Viagra alone.
3) Gingko: The herb ginkgo is used for erectile dysfunction, mainly in people who experience sexual dysfunction as a side effect of antidepressant drugs. It appears to calm down smooth muscle and improve blood flow in the penis.
In one study of 60 men with erectile 다낭 에코걸 dysfunction, there was a 50 percent success rate after six months of ginkgo treatment. Two additional studies, however, found that ginkgo was no better than a placebo.
4) Zinc: Significant depletion of the mineral zinc, associated with long-term use of diuretics, diabetes, digestive disorders, and certain kidney and liver diseases, has been shown to lead to erectile dysfunction.
5) Ashwagandha: The herb Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is from time to time called Indian Ginseng because it is thought to have same effects on the body. It is thought to boost energy, stamina, and sexual function. No studies, though, have examined whether it is successful for erectile dysfunction in humans.
Side effects of Ashwagandha may include sleepiness. It should not be collective with sedative drugs.